Website Waste Management
Roll-Off Drivers safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Experience: One (1) year of relevant work experience operating a vehicle requiring a Class 3 license or equivalent military driving within the last seven (7) years.
- Hold a current Class 3 license with an air brake endorsement.
- The Class 3 license is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johnson, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A