Website Waste Management
Leads, inspects, and conducts the repair and maintenance of heavy machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles, and instructs less experienced mechanics in the dismantling of, devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Coordinates purchase orders for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada with a valid SIN
- Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D, Interprovincial Red seal, and greater than 4 years’ experience.
- Heavy Equipment Experience Required
- On Highway Experience Recommended
- Working in the Field Required
- Preferred: Class 5 with air brake endorsement or Class 3 or higher with air brake endorsement
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Journeyman Ticket On Road & Off Road Required
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Strathmore, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A