Website Waste Management
Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on residential recycling routes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Experience: At least 1 year of experience within the last 7 years operating a vehicle requiring a commercial driver’s license (CDL) or military equivalent.
- Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 18 years of age.
- Eligible to legally work in the United States.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally; Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wenatchee, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A