Website Waste Management
Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Hold a current DZ or Class 3 license with an air-brake endorsement.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Experience: One (1) year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a DZ/Class 3 license or equivalent military driving within the last seven (7) years.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A