Website Waste Management
The Truck Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing the full fleet of primary and secondary equipment within the assigned area, in alignment with corporate objectives. Span of Control: 2 locations and approximately 51 frontline assets.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics are properly trained.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability through effective management of all fleet and maintenance activities within the assigned area, including cost control, employee development, and high training and safety standards.
- Reviews capital equipment requisitions in line with Corporate guidelines and objectives.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively utilized.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management’s Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Assists in budget process as required.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver’s license required with acceptable driving record
- Fleet Management experience required.
- Leadership experience in employee relations. Mentoring hourly and salary staff as well as performance management.
- Experience: Three (3) years of relevant work experience as well as experience in a supervisory role (in addition to education requirement).
- Safety Leadership experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or, in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED and three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- 310T license considered an asset
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stoney Creek, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A