Website Waste Management
This experienced position serves as a company representative to the community, state and local officials, stakeholders, and businesses. Under very general supervision and guidance, plans, prepares and disseminates complex and/or sensitive publicity and good-will information concerning the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Cultivates and improves community partnerships by attending and participating in public events, meetings, and other programs with managers.
- Manages and supports charitable, fundraising, and/or political contributions and public relations efforts.
- Plan and conduct research to identify opportunities that advance business goals, influence public opinion, or promote ideas, products, and services.
- Arrange and organize public appearances, lectures, contests, or exhibits for WM to increase visibility, maximize communications, and promote good-will.
- Generates and documents various reports for internal and external use, such as: lobbyist reports, campaign reports, and fundraising reports.
- May assist with developing communication materials and resources including: media and outreach materials, advertising, writing and editing newsletters, and speeches and presentations to promote greater awareness and understanding of WM business initiatives and operations.
- Plans and directs the development and communication/delivery of information designed to keep the public informed of company programs, accomplishments, or point of view.
- With supervision, develops and conducts educational programs for various community organizations and residents. May also execute district community relations plans including: grassroot initiatives, media relations and communications to support expansions, and local government affairs.
- Maintains knowledge about current legislation, regulations, and/or local ordinances that have a direct impact on WM. May assist in executing strategies that align WM with such legislation, regulations, and ordinances.
- Lays out artwork, contacts media representatives, or represents the company directly before general public.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Public Affairs or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years of previous experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) part of the work day;
- Organizational, educational, and strong public relations/communications skills.
- InDesign, Adobe, and Microsoft Word proficiency.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tempe, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A