Website Waste Management
The Account Executive (AE) generates shareholder value by using a consultative retention approach for larger and/or more complex Small/Medium Business WM customers in an assigned book of business, territory/segment. The AE manages existing business relationships focused on achieving budgeted retention goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing and updating contract agreements from WM customers as well as growing revenues from existing customers. The role of the AE is to maintain a net positive business performance in the commercial space through proactive outreach, account retention and revenue protection efforts to maintain a mutually beneficial alignment between the customer and WM’s growth goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for customer account management matters in an assigned book of business, establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with internal and external customers, and build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Align Waste Management products and services with customer needs, propose solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations, and increase account penetration through consultative selling skills
- Use Waste Management sales productivity software tools accurately and consistently (i.e. Salesforce.com/Customer Relationship Management and Pricing Tools)
- Negotiate, update, and renew customer service agreements to maximize profits by providing ongoing education of contract details and use of strong negotiation skills
- Resolve challenging customer requests and collaborate with the Inside Sales Manager to resolve all customer escalations or issues
- Communicate rates, charges and service strategies with conviction as well as understand and effectively use customer incentives and concessions within appropriate profit targets and level of authority
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory and engage additional WM business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate
- Prepare reports as needed and/or handle general administrative duties as appropriate
- Ability to effectively convert customer cancellation requests
- Ability to build relationships (highly competent)
- Planning and organization
- Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: One (1) year of WM experience or five (5) years of business to business account management at a proficient level.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Ability to set goals
- Proficient in time management
- Proficient in computer skills
- High impact communication
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A