Website United States Postal Service
- This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being
invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
- Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures commonly used.
- Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products, passport acceptance (where applicable) and other retail services; May use a computerized system, accepting and delivering packages and accountable mail; issuing and cashing foreign and domestic postal money orders; accepting and responding to customer claims and inquiries, and providing information to the public regarding postal regulations.
- Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout; determining special
interests and referring to sales and promotional programs; offers assistance in product selection; provides lobby assistance that includes monitoring the retail line, directing customers to the self-service kiosk (SSK) (where applicable), and/or using Mobile Point of Service (mPOS) to complete transactions (where applicable).
- Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding product features and services.
- Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale
system. Assists customers with transactions.
- Maintains appearance of retail lobby by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures display and selling areas, work stations, and storage areas are presentable to customers. Performs routine maintenance on SSKs and mPOS, including trouble shooting.
- Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on
display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
- May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers’ credit
- Checks and sets post office postage meters.
- Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
- May assign and clear accountable items and distribute mail as required.
- Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of incoming mail by delivery point based on a knowledge of the distribution scheme established for the office, branch or station.
- Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of outgoing mail for dispatch based on knowledge of current
- May perform passport duties as assigned, including verification of identification and photograph, administering oath,
reviewing application for completeness, affixing stamp or seal on application and ensuring all documents are stored securely and mailed promptly.
- May perform additional duties such as: maintain records of mails; face and cancel mail; make emergency carrier relays; label and tie out mail for dispatch and other related duties for distribution.
Company: United States Postal Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alexandria, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A