Website U.S. Xpress, Inc.
At U.S. Xpress, we’re proud to have one of the largest, newest and most technologically advanced fleets in the entire nation. But machines don’t make our company great. People do— —especially the highly trained problem—solvers who keep these sophisticated machines running at their peak. How we see it, every time you help a delivery arrive on time, you’ve enabled us to fulfill our word to a customer. That’s why we believe you deserve a highly competitive compensation package, including a technician sign—on bonus, boot allowance, and college tuition at no cost to you or your children. So if you’re driven to passionately pursue your goals, we’re eager to welcome you to our team. Because when we focus our varied talents on reshaping the future of transportation, that’s what we call the POWER OF U.S.
- Discuss problems with other technicians to discover faults, listen to engines, fit and operate special test equipment, and test driver vehicles.
- Tune engines using special electronic equipment and make fine adjustments, e.g. to carburetors for smoother running.
- Repair or replace worn and faulty parts by removing assemblies such as engines, transmissions, differentials or steering gear or other small parts; dismantle them and check parts, referring to manuals as necessary.
- Cleans tools and parts.
- Make certain all technicians under his lead are working safely.
- Change tire and wheel assemblies.
- Diagnose, repair, and replace engine management/fuel injection components.
- Test and repair electrical systems such as lighting, instrumentation, ignition, and electronic fuel injection.
- Carry out minor body repairs and minor trim repairs.
- Reassemble, test, clean, and adjust repaired or replaced parts or assemblies; use various instruments to make sure they are working properly and put them back into the vehicle.
- Disassembles and assembles equipment.
- Ability to walk 1000 feet minimum and change positions frequently
- Ability to use hand tools constantly for extended periods of time
- Ability to pull self up ladder with 4×17”steps with upper body pull.
- Ability to frequently move shoulders with full range of motion in all six planes of movement
- Ability to constantly go in/out of truck on 51” and one 24” step pulling full body weight.
- Ability to frequently go up and down ramp.
- Ability to reach heights over 72” frequently; ability to crouch to height of 18” frequently
- Ability to reach and stretch across the midline with full cervical range of motion and bilateral range of motion
- Ability to frequently climb 51’ with one 24” step and pull full body weight.
- Ability to occasionally push 250 lbs, pull 125 lbs, frequently push/pull 100/50 lbs and constantly push/pull 50/25 lbs.
- Ability to stoop to 30” minimum and kneel to 18” minimum
- Ability to frequently climb stairs 24” without a hand hold rail.
- Ability to work with all shop tools.
- Technical aptitude.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Teamwork skills.
- Understanding of corporate tire program.
- Driver’s license essential.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience as a diesel mechanic required.
- Minimum of 5 years of trailer repair and maintenance experience required.
- A Technical Diploma from an accredited Diesel Technology Program may substitute for 1 year of the required experience.
- Experience and proficiency in using OEM websites for diagnostics and repairs.
Company: U.S. Xpress, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Springfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A