Website Ulta Beauty
- As a Services Manager at Ulta Beauty, you are responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers sales growth in retail and services. You will oversee a team of stylists, estheticians and boutique leads and are accountable for all aspects of the services business, including services, boutiques, makeup, skincare, fragrance, pro hair and PCA merchandise sales, events, guest satisfaction, and operational excellence. You will drive your business through a focus on performance (services, boutiques, makeup, skincare, fragrance, pro hair and PCA merchandise sales and in-store events), people (guest experience and associate culture), and process (operating procedures and compliance standards). This position requires a drive for results, a passion for the beauty industry, the ability to deliver exceptional guest service and to lead a team of retail and service professionals.
- Communicating and providing feedback to field leadership, including the Business Market Trainer and Services
- District Leader, on business trends and opportunities, events, operational challenges, merchandise needs and competitive landscape
- Planning and executing in-store events that deliver an unrivaled guest experience, driving brand partner collaboration and delivering on sales and payroll goals.
- Managing service and boutique supply inventory and ordering process, ensuring allocated budget is adhered to and necessary products for services are on hand
- Meeting/exceeding goals related to services, boutiques, makeup, skincare, fragrance pro hair and personal care appliance merchandise sales and service sales (e.g., service revenue, average ticket, guest count, guest retention, rebooking, pro hair retail revenue, retention/turnover and contribution goals)
- Attracting and building a highly engaged team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand through effective collaboration, open and honest two-way communication, prioritization of work and coaching to the behaviors that will drive guest loyalty.
- Establishing performance metrics for the team and/or personal goals, to include attendance at all required training/education programs, coaching, individual development plans and annual performance appraisals
- Promoting a culture of accountability to meet or exceed the store’s goals related to retail and service sales, guest loyalty (including credit), payroll, retail shrink and omni-channel initiatives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Retail management: proven ability with monitoring inventory levels, achieving operational excellence, driving a service culture and executing merchandise directives
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system, Microsoft Office programs, and Apple devices)
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with moving parts
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Advanced competency in services, including sales, guest experience and product attachment
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required
- Ability to react under pressure, use good judgment in ambiguous situations, and be flexible/adaptable
- 2 years of management experience, including cosmetology management license where required by state law
- Financial management experience: success with driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expense
- Demonstrated knowledge of board of cosmetology regulations and hiring requirements
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining superior results
- A Cosmetology license where required by the state
- Leadership management: experience with attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change and leading others through the change-curve, developing collaborative relationships with others, and leading and influencing
Company: Ulta Beauty
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A