Toyota Motor North America’s Digital Products and Services Department is looking for a highly motivated Enterprise Architect. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for the direction of architecture and solutions across all domain functions within the experience portfolio.
This role will lead and work across multiple business functions to define and gain consensus on future state architecture and direction.
The position requires the ability to work with all levels of the organization to develop an overall architecture strategy and provide technical leadership throughout a project lifecycle and the ability to support / direct contract staff who may be assigned to assist in the solution architecture development process for the assigned business functions is also necessary.
This position requires deep customer-focused thinking the ability to be hands-on and make decisions fast. You will significantly influence our overall strategy for bringing in new technology platforms, tools, and languages/frameworks. We are looking at self-motivated individuals who are highly detail-oriented and take pride in their deliverables.
- Identify and Plan projects for application modernization program to reduce legacy platform dependence and technical debt.
- Proven ability to quickly comprehend and adopt new technologies by doing technology POCs and Pilots to prove the business value and formalize it as enterprise standards and build reference architectures.
- Communicate key business benefits and implications of technology decisions and outcomes to business portfolio leaders and senior executive management.
- Works with business and technology delivery leaders to align architecture roadmaps with business strategy and technology delivery plans.
- Establishes and owns the end-to-end architectural scope (e.g., Health Check, App Modernization, Cloud Native Development) to drive roadmaps, desired technologies, and target state architectures across the portfolio (Reduce technology debt, duplication, and silos).
- Drive the overall roadmap and strategic vision for the modern architecture and experiences, ensuring a robust product roadmap to support Toyota’s digital solutions strategy.
- Conducts innovation and roadmap planning for applications within the business functions of the portfolio.
- Oversees IT application risk analysis and mitigation planning incorporating Asset Management, Security, and Infrastructure domain input into mitigation plans for Experience team portfolios.
- Be a strategic partner to Senior Management across ITx and within the business.
- Communicate key business benefits and implications of technology decisions and outcomes to customer portfolio leaders and enterprise architects.
- Be a strategic thinker that drives next-generation Architecture on Cloud, Micro Services, Containers, DevOps, etc.
- Develop and drive architectures that will enable applications to have high availability, performance, seamless integration (loosely coupled), high quality, reliability, and user-driven reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Be a technical consultant for application project teams by partnering closely with the other technology groups to develop the end-to-end solution architecture, including application, data, integration, security, and infrastructure domains.
- Collaborates with other enterprise architects to define technology roadmap and ensures alignment to product area roadmap.
- Understand the SAP roadmap for S/4 HANA and appropriately align the TMNA architectural roadmap.
- Experience in SAP configuration with a deep understanding of integration across financial and logistics processes encompassing SAP and Non-SAP applications.
- Work together with developers and portfolio owners to ensure that new or modified HANA applications are designed and developed using industry-standard best practice design and development practices.
- Experience as an SAP Architect.
- Broad consulting experience with multiple large-scale enterprise companies.
- End-to-end working experience on multiple cloud providers like AWS and Google Cloud.
- Significant practical (hands-on) experience building new and transforming existing applications to cloud services and next-generation architectures.
- Experience in working in cloud development teams and guiding those teams through a portfolio modernization effort.
- Experience with HANA performance analysis and performance optimization.
- Cloud certifications (AWS, Google Cloud).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with designing, developing, delivering, and maintaining solutions based on the latest SAP technology (SAP on AWS).
- Experience working with new features of SAP S/4HANA in embedded analytics and user experience using Fiori.
- Ability to create, present, and gain agreement on concepts and recommendations to others outside of the department and to executive management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plano, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A