Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
- Communicating with multiple business partners and suppliers on an ongoing basis.
- Considerable day-to-day phone and email contact with media.
- Working in conjunction with Toyota and Lexus marketing groups and senior executives to ensure strategic alignment between PR and marketing activities.
- Communicating regularly with regional PR affiliates as well as Toyota and Lexus field offices to ensure coordination of global resources in support of strategic initiatives.
- Considerable face-to-face contact with media at press conferences and special events.
- Managing multiple east coast press fleets, ensuring vehicle loans align with national Toyota and Lexus product targets.
- Writing/editing press materials and product-related executive communications, including executive speeches, often under very tight deadlines.
- Assisting in the creation, planning, and organization of public relations programs and media-oriented events, with the goal of creating positive publicity and outreach for the Toyota and Lexus brands in support of product launch and sustainment activities.
- Working with agencies to develop and execute influencer strategies and programs targeted towards consumers.
- Extensive event planning and on-site execution experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Solid public relations and/or journalism experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, journalism, business, or other discipline applicable to PR field
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
- Experience working with agencies to develop and execute multi-faceted media and influencer programs
- Experience writing press releases in journalistic Associated Press (AP) style
- Speech writing experience and confidence speaking on behalf of brands, often on camera
- Strong established media relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (applicants will be expected to provide writing samples, and a writing test may be required)
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Basic understanding of the automotive industry with an added willingness to learn
- Understanding of the influencer landscape and how brands are authentically integrated
- A strong understanding of the editorial cycle and awareness of what makes a topic newsworthy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC , US
Application Deadline: N/A