You support all aspects of a profitable food and beverage business that has one purpose: to help all families discover the joy of everyday life.
You utilize your industry knowledge to influence store leaders to execute food and beverage strategies and processes in store.
You develop experts to become connoisseurs of their area and support and train teams to consistently deliver sales growth through a clean, safe and rewarding shopping experience.
You advance our reputation in food by providing market level expertise to execute and amplify key seasons, holidays, and events.
- Leverage reporting to evaluate performance in sales, markdown, inventory productivity, food safety, and other measures.
- Experience influencing in-store food and beverage departments quarterly workload to support business priorities and deliver on sales goals
- Utilize innovation, critical thinking, communication, and store partnership to understand and influence food and beverage strategy and process evolution.
- Drive guest service and profitable sales by assisting stores with guest-centric scheduling and training.
- Drive and deliver a fresh and safe experience through reinforcing food safety processes, training teams to integrate food safety, product rotation, cleaning and sanitation, and freshness into everyday processes.
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest-centric culture in food and beverage areas
- Challenge teams to develop staffing and contingency plans that ensure coverage and maintain production and service capabilities.
- Drive execution through detailed training and education of store leadership teams and food and beverage experts, including: ordering and managing inventory, merchandising, freshness, food safety, sampling, and other store controlled processes.
- Maintain compliance with policies and procedures defined by all regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of the competition; leveraging guest insights to influence store leadership and food teams to drive business initiatives
- Maintain industry knowledge and market trends by benchmarking competitor pricing, promotions, merchandising practices, and processes.
- Execute food operations strategy in assigned stores.
- Partner with field and store leadership, Store Operations, Merchandising, and other stakeholder groups to champion projects to grow profitable food sales.
- Ability to assess daily business performance and provide store leaders guidance to drive efficiencies in food and beverage departments through in-store walks
- Represent stores and food operations in food localization, including new items, holiday merchandising, and competitor merchandising benchmarking.
- Knowledge of food and beverage business fundamentals: department sales trends, freshness and quality, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Work in high intensity situations with composure and ease
- Experience supporting stores/field organization
- Operate in an ambiguous and rapidly changing work environment
- Training experience
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Proven execution skills and ability to drive change
- Project and process management/ownership experience
- Supervisory experience
- Build strong working relationships with key partners
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Solution-based mindset with desire to uncover business gaps and solve problems
- 3+ years preferred food and beverage experience
- Quickly adapt to changing priorities and tasks
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A