We, at Staples Professional, provide our business customers with a deep professional expertise when it comes to Business Essentials, Furniture, Facilities, Technology, Print/Promo, and Pack and Ship, as well as next-day delivery service and customized solutions for ordering, billing and reporting. We are part of the Staples umbrella in Canada, and as such we are a true multi-channel solution provider – online, at our customers place of business and in-store, for all our customers needs. We are looking for people who are curious, passionate and put the customer first.
- Gathers, analyzes and organizes data from other departments, discerning key information and integrating it into the response.
- Drafts and creates proposals that capture Staples Professional’s value proposition and align our offering with customer needs. Edits and revises drafts based on customer addenda and stakeholder feedback.
- Provides operational leadership for proposal development, charting project plans and bid schedules, spearheading kickoff calls, delegating tasks, communicating critical deadlines, conducting executive reviews, and holding stakeholders accountable throughout.
- Identifies legal and operational risks, provides risk mitigation strategies (Ex. reservation of rights language) and recommendations to stakeholders, engaging the risk management and legal teams as needed.
- Strategizes with the sales team to identify win themes, customer pain points, and key value drivers to create a unified bid strategy for revenue generation.
- Collaborates across all organizational functions and levels, building alignment between the proposal, pricing, sales, merchandising, transportation, operations, legal, risk management, and credit teams.
- Creates national customer-facing content that captures Staples Professional market differentiation. Maintains the content library.
- Leads post-submission exercises such as presentations, clarifications, “best and final offers”, protests and debriefs. Compiles data and customer feedback to enhance future responses.
- Excellent and in-depth understanding of Staples’ product and service offering, translating this into a selling strategy unique to each customer’s RFP requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills: Must have advanced skills in the entire MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook, and an ability to learn new software quickly.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to clearly explain concepts in professional documents using easy-to-understand English.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to foster positive working relationships across all business areas.
- Minimum 2–5 years’ experience in a proposal/bid writing, marketing, technical writing, copy writing, editing, or communications job role.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is considered an asset.
- A university degree with emphasis on communications, business, marketing, and/or journalism.
- Proposal Management Professional (APMP) is considered an asset.
- Proposal process knowledge with an understanding of what to look for in an RFx, kickoff calls, content management, and on-time delivery of projects.
- Bilingual (French and English) is a must.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, QC
Application Deadline: N/A