Website Royal Mail
Unsurprisingly, Christmas is the busiest time of year at Royal Mail. And with so many parcels and letters flowing through our warehouse, we always need a few thousand extra hands! Every year over the holiday season, temporary flexible workers from all walks of life help us to get everything where it needs to go.
Just like Mr & Mrs Claus, you’ll play a key role in bringing Christmas to people across the UK! As a Mail Sorter, you’ll be unloading mail and parcels from our vans, moving them through our warehouses and ensuring that they arrive at their destination safely. During a single shift, you could sort over a million items with your team! It’s a very important role so flexibility, commitment and enthusiasm are key.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- You’re proactive and detail-focused
- You’re flexible and happy to switch between various tasks during a shift
- You’re able to push trolleys (up to 250kgs) and lift and move mail bags (up to 11kg)
- You can comfortably stand for long periods
- You don’t need to have worked for us before (we love new people!), but experience in warehouse or sorting work is a plus. However if you’ve worked for another distribution company then you’re definitely on our wish list too!
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Liverpool, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A