Manages, controls and is accountable of the operation of an assigned group of stores to ensure consistency with company standards and expectations. Executes with excellence the business plan and associated programs that will deliver desired sales and profit results with the highest standards of Customer Service. Responsible for recruiting, training and developing management teams.
- Assesses store layout and individual inventory levels to merchandise in the most effective manner for each location.
- Assesses and escalates any inventory level discrepancies.
- Actively manages succession planning with consistent attention to training and developing management candidates.
- Responsible for district compliance of measurables, including: Sizing, Customer Service, Sales, Contribution, Controllable Expenses,
- Markdowns, Safety, Shortage and Associate Turnover.
- Serves as a main point of contact for customer service issues in the district. Responds quickly and effectively to all customer inquires.
- Responsible for conducting store visits to company standards. This includes the administration, tracking and follow-up for all visits.
- Meets Company shrink goals.
- Ensures that an excellent level of customer service is provided in all assigned locations including the District Office. Responsible for holding
- Store Managers accountable for teaching associates the dd’s DISCOUNTS Customer Service philosophy, in order to minimize customer complaints.
- Identifies, nominates and maintains district training stores.
- Demonstrates and trains to Loss Prevention awareness programs.
- Ensures a safe, accident-free environment for all customers and associates.
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops management associates.
- Ensures all company standards are executed with excellence in all assigned locations.
- Ensures compliance of dd’s DISCOUNTS personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensures store compliance to the monthly merchandising standards.
- Maintains compliance to all state, local and federal regulations.
- Travel required.
- 10 or more years of retail management or operations experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Masters preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dublin, CA
Application Deadline: N/A