The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty. Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for executing and supervising Company operational processes as needed.
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention, accident reporting and emergency procedures.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Ensures all Fitting Room garment tags are audited and accounted for to Company policy.
- Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
- Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and processed to Company policy.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Keeps all areas of the Store clean, well-maintained, and merchandised to standard.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash removal, etc.), Electronic
- Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and register area.
- Responsible for merchandising of department including the back stock.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries (i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Ensures go-back compliance throughout the day. All merchandise returned to the sales floor must be ticketed, scanned, nubbed and security tagged as needed.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all Stockrooms.
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Fluency in English.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A