This position provides a visible presence at the Store entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a safe and secure environment for Associates and Customers. The Specialist makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all Customers in a prominent, courteous and friendly manner deterring opportunity for theft by demonstrating “command” presence in a Company issued vest/required black attire, and monitoring the Code 50 package inspection policy. Walks sales floor to identify and address potential theft indicators, as directed by Store Leadership. Partners with Store Leadership to ensure compliance with Loss Prevention directives and minimization of operational shortage. Must embrace Company values and have a mentality to protect the Ross treasure.
- Gathers theft indicators and uses internal or external intelligence to impact shortage trends. Effectively communicates to Store Leadership and Loss Prevention Leadership.
- Adheres to Company policy for external theft response.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating Associates, providing recognition, etc.
- Provides visible “command” presence, including prominent greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring for potential safety issues.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Monitors entrances/exits as well as sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behavior.
- Other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Must be able to raise or lower objects more than 25 lbs., from one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- One year retail supervisor experience or similar training preferred.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- One year loss prevention/security training preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need).
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with the Store team.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Active Security Guard License preferred
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: West Palm Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A