Responsible for all aspects of the Stores’ operations. Leads the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met. Staffs, trains and develops leadership team to deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. Recruits, trains and develops Associates. Manages the operations of the Stockroom, Front End, and Sales Floor to ensure new merchandise gets to the sales floor in a timely manner, goods are received properly and manages expenses through execution of best practices and productivity.
- Responsible for training Associates on Loss Prevention programs to achieve Store shortage goals.
- Addresses any variance to Company standards with appropriate action plan, partnering with the District Manager as needed.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops Assistant Managers, Area Supervisors and non-exempt Associates.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
- Leads all Store Associates in, and models, a professional appearance, in accordance with the Company Dress Code. Reinforces the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Ensures compliance with Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Analyzes Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Through selection, training and motivation, strives to reduce Store turnover. Utilizes and promotes all retention tools including incentive programs, recognition opportunities, contests and training. Ensures all required training courses are prioritize and completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues including coaching, verbal and written warnings, progressive discipline and termination when needed.
- Manages Associate Relations issues, consulting with the District Manager as needed.
Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Must maintain a high level of Customer service.
- Fluency in English.
- Five or more years of Store management experience in a retail environment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
- Must exercise considerable independent judgement and discretion.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute to achieve results.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A