This position provides a visible presence at the Store entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a safe and secure environment for Associates and Customers. The Specialist makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all Customers in a prominent, courteous and friendly manner deterring opportunity for theft by demonstrating “command” presence in a Company issued vest/required black attire, and monitoring the Code 50 package inspection policy. Walks sales floor to identify and address potential theft indicators, as directed by Store Leadership. Partners with Store Leadership to ensure compliance with Loss Prevention directives and minimization of operational shortage. Must embrace Company values and have a mentality to protect the Ross treasure.
- Provides visible “command” presence, including prominent greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring for potential safety issues.
- Gathers theft indicators and uses internal or external intelligence to impact shortage trends. Effectively communicates to Store Leadership and Loss Prevention Leadership.
- Monitors entrances/exits as well as sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behavior.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Adheres to Company policy for external theft response.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do and assists Store Leadership in maintaining a safe and secure environment for both Associates and Customers.
- Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating Associates, providing recognition, etc.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect.
- Provides great Customer service by prominently greeting Customers, making eye contact, smiling and answering questions in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Must be able to raise or lower objects more than 25 lbs., from one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with the Store team.
- One year loss prevention/security training preferred.
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need).
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- One year retail supervisor experience or similar training preferred.
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Active Security Guard License preferred
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A