The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty. Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy-to-shop environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation and maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for executing and supervising Company operational processes as needed.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all Stockrooms.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups, and register area.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on the sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
- Teaches all Associates the “Scan and Bag” best practice.
- Ensures go-backs are expedited, properly scanned, security tagged and ticketed.
- Maintains proper supplies and recovery for the Front End area.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries (i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Ensures all equipment is working properly.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise trucks when needed.
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention, accident reporting, and emergency procedures.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders, and other assigned supplies.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers, and PC as required.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
- Associates who work Stockroom shifts.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A