Responsible for all aspects of the Stores’ operations. Leads the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met. Staffs, trains and develops leadership team to deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. Recruits, trains and develops Associates. Manages the operations of the Stockroom, Front End, and Sales Floor to ensure new merchandise gets to the sales floor in a timely manner, goods are received properly and manages expenses through execution of best practices and productivity.
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop environment.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Addresses any variance to Company standards with appropriate action plan, partnering with the District Manager as needed.
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops Assistant Managers, Area Supervisors and non-exempt Associates.
- Analyzes Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping with help of contracted maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Through selection, training and motivation, strives to reduce Store turnover. Utilizes and promotes all retention tools including incentive programs, recognition opportunities, contests and training. Ensures all required training courses are prioritize and completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues including coaching, verbal and written warnings, progressive discipline and termination when needed.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for training Associates on Loss Prevention programs to achieve Store shortage goals.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
- Responsible for leading the annual inventory process including preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Must exercise considerable independent judgement and discretion.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Must maintain a high level of Customer service.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Five or more years of Store management experience in a retail environment.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute to achieve results.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A