Website Rite Aid
- A rewarding career, including extensive upfront & ongoing training and opportunities to grow into lead roles or training roles.
- A role in a ‘lean’ system- this means you would be a member of an empowered workforce who look for ways to improve processes and solve problems in their department.
- A team-oriented environment where we all get to be our best selves by helping our patients and customers not just get healthy but to — GET THRIVING!
- A chance to join a Fortune 500 company
- Perform computer data entry of prescription information. (We use a proprietary prescription processing and insurance billing system known to be one of the best in the industry)
- Take a lead role in maintaining the Pharmacy department including with inventory management and keeping the pharmacy clean and organized.
- Provide compassionate patients service aiming to help the patient solve their problems with their prescriptions and also educating patients about opportunities for pharmacist provided clinical services.
- Communicate with doctor’s offices regarding questions or issues about their patient’s prescriptions.
- Accurately completing specific steps in the production of a prescription such as pulling correct medications from the shelves, counting pills and resolving insurance issues.
- Requires high energy and working effectively in a fast-paced environment. This includes standing and walking for extending periods of time.
- Bending, including to unload totes of medications (30-pound max to a height of 4 feet).
- Using near vision for computer work and reading labels.
- Fine motor skills including repetitive motion like computer data entry and counting pills.
- Auditory attention; ability to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of other distracting sounds.
- Effective verbal communication; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, especially when detailed or important instructions must be conveyed accurately.
- Ability to move quickly from one task to another according to the needs of the pharmacy.
- The ability to concentrate on a task for significant periods of time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Basic keyboarding/typing skills to efficiently enter information.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Pharmacy Technician registration or certification where required by state law.
- Willingness to enroll and complete the Rite Aid Technician Training Program within the specified period of time.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A