The Retail Sales Representative owns and delivers sales for their overall territory by developing relationships with store managers/personnel to achieve directed short and long-term performance objectives. This is achieved with a focus on delivering the overall value of retail to include Sales, Displays, New Items and Core Distribution. Along with assigned broker merchandiser, leads the overall Nestle relationship at the retail level to include store deployment and execution. Activities center on wall-to-wall sales coverage of Nestlé items, including systemic problem solving related to out of stocks, new item speed to shelf, share of shelf, price compliance, promotion selling and providing direction to dedicated broker partners. Responsible for overall territory business planning to ensure meeting and exceeding client objectives.
- Collaborates with targeted store-level/district-level Retail Operations personnel to create and execute business reviews that drive volume
- Leads expenditure of financial resources in a fiscally responsible manner
- May sell new items and promotions at indirect accounts.
- Selling Incremental Volume
- Sell promotional surveys for displays
- Sell incremental quantities for display and obtain maximum support for promoted product
- Sell additional product based on opportunities observed
- Ensures compliance to pricing guidelines at retail level
- Reports competitive price changes and promotional support and resolves competitive pricing issues
- Develops and maintains proper relations with department/store level personnel within territory in order maximize sales results
- Communicates market insights from the retail level to management
- Some overnight travel required – 1 or 2 nights per month on average
- Ability to learn the role and responsibilities of the position.
- BS/BA desired; or equivalent
- Varied work week, may include evenings and/or weekends
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
- 0-2 years sales related and/or consumer product goods experience preferred
- Certification on customer technology where applicable
- Ability to lift and carry 55 pounds
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Valid Driver’s License
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A