As a Middle Market Territory Manager, you’ll market, manage and underwrite commercial business through select agencies or brokers. We’ll count on you to drive profit and premium to meet financial goals and objectives through development, negotiation and implementation of business plans.
- Achieves production, profitability and service objectives. Quotes, prices and underwrites new and renewal policies and endorsements, primarily for complex or service sensitive accounts. Monitors risk selection and pricing decisions for entire agency plant, both on a book of business and individual account level basis. Decisions require review of multiple variables, using agency relationships, inspection reports and evaluation of exceptions. Reviews for acceptability and handles those within authority using company underwriting guidelines and standards.
- Analyzes quality and quantity of risks underwritten and prepares reports accordingly. May review agency books of business as well as profit/growth results and trends to recommend and implement action plans. Analyzes regional underwriting performance experience, identifies problems on a territory level and proposes action plans to resolve those situations.
- Markets Nationwide products and services to help drive agency and company results. Assists agency with strategies for pipeline management, producer development and developing business in targeted industries and preferred markets. Assesses accounts and develops business propositions that win the business.
- Monitors market conditions, competitive landscape and confirms information gathered within market space. Researches risk, environment and other factors needed to win accounts.
- Drives robust agency business planning to deliver detailed performance plans with actions, account abilities and scheduled performance checkpoints. Ensures territorial objectives to maximize profit and pipeline management. Proactively finds opportunities for all lines of business and refers to appropriate business leaders. Plans and coordinates efforts regarding new business, renewals, service plans, etc. Identifies prospects and recommends new agency appointments.
- Manages workflow and intricacies of underwriting assigned work using company tools and systems. Ensures file handling quality and workflow efficiency. Manages large, complex work and coordinates work with and through others to meet service level agreements. Effectively influences activities of Middle Market Underwriting Team to facilitate the successful delivery and execution of select agency business plans.
- Staffing Exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and Human Resources Business Partner.
- Seven years of progressively more responsible underwriting and sales experience in commercial lines of business preferred.
- Expertise in markets consistent with our underwriting appetite and product portfolio preferred.
- Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
- Detailed working knowledge of commercial underwriting, pricing and coverage for middle market business.
- Knowledge of company sales and underwriting standards and practices company commercial products and programs.
- Knowledge of state statutes and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and sales skills.
- Ability to build and maintain cooperative and mutually rewarding internal and external partnerships.
- Must have the ability to perform duties with independent judgment with underwriting authority and aligned with company underwriting standards.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability required in day-to-day operations where there may be unclear or competing priorities, including evaluating and recommending solutions to customer service, work processing, underwriting selection and rating and compliance.
- Strong drive for results.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: California, United States
Application Deadline: N/A