Plans and executes activities and projects that directly support the implementation and optimization of an organization s go-to-market resources as part of the business plan. This may include but is not limited to: selection of best channel or combination of channels to sell a product, marketing campaigns creative services needs, affinity marketing relationships, local market execution and interaction with sales. Responsible for recommending the best channels or combination of channels to sell a product, (e. g. telephone, web, vendor/affinity, exclusive/independent/direct/ agency sales, etc. ) based on the needs and buying behavior of the target market.
- Aids other professionals in the marketing function as well as other functions (e.g. sales, legal, business practices, communications, etc.) in understanding, collecting and coordinating channels marketing requirements.
- Projects or forecasts future distribution channels needs. Evaluates impact on strategic distribution channels planning objectives and strategies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leads a project team that plans for the effective development and implementation of longer term distribution channel projects. Requires work prioritization, forecasting, scheduling and coordinating resources within an assigned project.
- May have functional management responsibilities.
- Identifies new/emerging channels, resources and intermediaries and develops integrated strategies, plans and programs to leverage these opportunities.
- Identifies resources and skills necessary to support the channel strategy and achieve product sales in the most productive manner.
- Identifies and recommends the pursuit of new/emerging channels, resources and intermediaries and develops integrated strategies, plans and programs to leverage these opportunities.
- Researches and recommends the appropriate mix of distribution channels designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of coverage in the marketplace and optimize the go-to-market resources. Develops go-to-market, execution plans, and channel marketing support plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a closely related field with master level studies preferred.
- Persuasive communication and presentation skills (verbal and written). Ability to build relationships and network across organizations. Ability to multi-task. Ability to review research studies, communicate research findings and make market recommendations based on findings. Develop and negotiate contracts/service agreements with internal/external contacts. Manage market planning projects, and manage relationships.
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects. Ability to function independently or in a team environment. Ability to operate a personal computer and advanced business software.
- Typically 7 or more years of related experience in identifying business opportunities, developing and executing marketing campaigns.
- Experience with developing channel relationships, financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of marketing campaign development and execution.
- Knowledge of current practices in managing marketing campaigns. Working knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis and sales.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A