As a Coordinator, you will receive and review file referrals from Claims, and connect with both Claims and Nationwide Trial Division (NTD) offices related to the referral. We’ll count on you to create a case file, input information into our file management system, organize and save information to case files, and track incoming files. Your role will include communications, research, data input, document creation and work tracking.
- Creates documents, including New File Intake Sheet, an internal document to be shared with NTD Managing Trial Attorneys.
- Provides workflow tracking, including tracking the number of referrals received; the written and verbal correspondence with claims representatives, litigation specialists, NTD managing trial attorneys and staff; and tracking of completed file setup in Legal Files system.
- Inputs data, including all relevant referral information into the Legal Files matter management system vital to completing a new file setup.
- Receives and reviews litigation Claims referrals, including but not limited to, referrals resulting from the initiation of lawsuits filed against company insureds, requests for pre-litigation investigation and assistance from NTD attorneys, and requests to secure court approval of pending or completed settlements.
- Communicates – in writing and verbally – with Nationwide Claims representatives and litigation specialists, as well as with NTD Managing Trial Attorneys and staff.
- Typically, at least two years in a professional environment, preferably in insurance law or another legal practice.
- Two years of experience working with computer systems and data preferred.
- Knowledge of law practice, office practices and insurance basics.
- Ability to move between multiple computer programs and pages, input data, compose emails.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, data input and Office suite program proficiency.
- High school education or equivalent: legal education, e.g., legal studies or paralegal studies preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A