As a Relationship Manager, you’ll be accountable for all aspects of strategic account management for a defined list of our plans including, advisor/consultant, third-party administrator and any other service provider relationships You’ll manage our small-sized plans, with average assets of $5-10M, with total responsibility for retirement assets. You’ll be focused on proactively driving plan profitability, including layering in appropriate Nationwide products and services, while increasing efficiencies. You will be responsible for deepening relationships with key decision makers on the client’s board/committee and with advisors and consultants.
- Shares and positions the Nationwide story and drives capabilities/feature adoption that increase plan efficiency and improve client experience.
- May Perform Other Responsibilities As Assigned.
- Establishes, grows and retains profitable relationships with our plan sponsors, advisor/consultants, third-party administrators and other service providers through a proactive strategic account management process.
- Supports small plan sales acquisition through positioning our service model and the benefits to the plan sponsor and plan participants.
- Through a proactive strategic account management process, responsible for establishing, growing and retaining profitable relationships with our small-sized plan sponsors, advisor/consultants, TPAs and other service providers.
- Leads the integrated service team by coordinating home office support functions and additional resources to grow and retain key relationships.
- Represents the client voice in product and service development and enhancements.
- Develops and executes a strategic business plan for each client that takes into consideration the goals and objectives of the client and aligns with the objectives and capabilities of Nationwide and other service providers.
- Develops and implements plan participant servicing strategies in partnership with plan sponsors to drive participant engagement and retirement readiness.
- Leads client onboarding process including familiarizing the plan sponsor with Nationwide tools and services and partners with implementation team to ensure a smooth onboarding process.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and quality standards.
- Ability to establish and grow key relationships with top clients.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail, learning agility, time management, technical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to drive successful results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to synthesize multiple data points to continually develop retention and growth strategies in an ever-changing environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
- Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner
- Undergraduate studies in business or finance or related fields preferred.
- Five years in the financial services industry, with at least three years focused on retirement plans.
- Experience managing relationships with plan sponsors and advisor/consultants of retirement plans.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Michigan, United States
Application Deadline: N/A