Website Massachusetts General Hospital
- The Staff Assistant III is responsible for the coordination and oversight of all operational activities within the Center for Advanced Medical Computing and Analysis (CAMCA) at MGH.CAMCA is a growing organization working on education and research projects funded by both NIH and industrial partners. The Staff Assistant III assists project leaders, research and technical personnel with allocating resources across project teams, hiring and on-boarding new staff. He/She will be responsible for submitting proposals via Radiology Research for new business, attending bid defenses, and managing project budgets. He/she will work closely with Director to strategize business maneuvers, and chart growth of the organization. He/she will function as the center liaison to other departmental areas and interface with external clients. The Staff Assistant III must display a high degree of initiative and independent judgment, to continually assess and direct a wide range of programmatic issues directly related to daily operations.
- P rofessionally greets all department visitors
- Creative, self-motivated, possess excellent judgment and able to plan and initiate new activities while prioritizing tasks
- Maintains, records and tracks all expenses through the PeopleSoft system in a timely and accurate manner. This includes delegated eExpense for CAMCA staff, procurement of goods and services by purchase orders via eBuy thru delivery; processes eCheck requests for check payment of qualified expenses and monitoring of timely payment post/process via query reports. Remains knowledgeable of Corporate Purchasing contracts that support departmental needs.
- Coordinates activities related to work assignments, hiring, training, and allocating personnel across project teams
Support with ad-hoc strategic projects
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment and be able to work under pressure
- Book travel/meeting arrangements for Director including registration/hotel bookings, plan airfare (or other transportation) as well as other travel arrangements
- Responsible for working with Radiology Research administration in submitting sponsored project proposals, which includes generating budgets for new business/projects and managing project budgets.
- Proactive problem solving – the ability and willingness to identify challenges and roadblocks and proactively propose solutions
- A positive energy and a willingness to do whatever is needed.
- A verifiable track record of dependability
- Knowledge of computer-based software programs such as Excel, MS Office, and MS Word etc.
- Passion for healthcare and creating new technologies to improve healthcare
- Provide professional secretarial and administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner to ensure the efficient and effective day-to-day functioning of the Director, provides high-level and detailed multi-calendar management for the Director.
- A strong sense of urgency and proactiveness is necessary – ability to manage and drive work independently and “manage up”
- Scheduling and coordination of logistics for CAMCA meetings, events and functions including but not limited to: appropriate room reservation, audiovisual devices and set up, WebEx creation, arrangement of food and travel (domestic and international)
- Experience with internal and external communications
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including attention to detail, organization and follow-through, with a highly polished and professional demeanor
- Serves as Timekeeper for the department which includes: timely completion and submission of weekly payroll requirements for CAMCA staff; monitors benefit time balance information; resolves problems and answers questions regarding pay or benefit time data in conjunction with and in support of managers/supervisors. Remains updated and informs managers/supervisors of MGH and Site Timekeeper notifications and processes (e.g.: payroll historical corrections and payroll deadlines).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively administer and communicate with researchers
- Oversee all day-to-day administrative operations of the CAMCA
- Must be highly proficient at multi-tasking and be able to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills
Qualification & Experience:
- HS Diploma required
- Bachelor’s preferred: technical, scientific, or healthcare field, or in business administration, is preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in administrative work required
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stoneham, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A