Website Merlin Entertainments
A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
Due to continuing growth and development of Merlin’s attractions and brands on a global scale , we are looking for a Creative Lead to join our Creative team on a 2 year fixed term contract.This role will be based at either our Acton or Central London office.
Reporting into the Senior Creative Director Resort Theme Parks & Midway, the Creative Lead is primarily responsible for developing the creative product vision and compelling & feasible propositions for the Madame Tussauds brand on time and on budget, in order to deliver the company’s strategic CAPEX plans.
- Maintain and develop an inventory of “Blue Sky”, but feasible ideas for new attraction based guest experiences. The objective is at all times to have documented the ideas so that they are available for use in on going capital projects and associated briefs and within the budget guidelines.
- Support the Senior Creative Director in the creative review process, monitor and assess new ideas and attractions and together with the management team agree an action plan for changes/improvement.
- Responsible for the creative thinking on the MT Brand, ensuring it is always fresh and rejuvenated.
- Expertise to articulate and communicate MT’s creative vision to internal, external designers and consultant network.
- Ensure all designs and creative marketing deadlines are met in board approval process and all concepts meet marketing and operational group approval.
- Drive innovation and new product by creating “compelling propositions” which are on brand and deliver the creative vision aligned with 5 Year cap-ex cycle.
- Responsible for generating innovative ideas to provide a platform for a portfolio of ideas that deliver on the business strategy by understanding market insights and translating them into feasible commercial ideas.
- Collaborative spirit & solution oriented.
- Builds strong relationships.
- Delivers from concept to commercialisation (execution).
- Articulates creative and commercial strategy to solve complex problems by delivering outstanding product concepts.
- A master of ideas and high-level creative thinking and inspires others.
- Masters design & creativity techniques.
- Influences and negotiates to sell in.
- Masters the “client” relationship within the business matrix.
- Manages complexity, ambiguity and uncertainty and makes it simple for others.
- Demonstrates accountability “acts like an owner”.
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A