Website Merlin Entertainments
The Facilities Manager is a vital role, ensuring that all the fun and magic is being delivered at optimal level. On a daily basis, the Facilities Manager is responsible for planned and reactive maintenance throughout the attraction to ensure the day-to-day operation is running smoothly, safely, and efficient. With a team of technicians, you will be responsible for ensuring adequate cover is on site during all opening times to maintain all aspects of the attraction including the rides, cinema, equipment, and machinery.
- Ensure all follow-up recommendations are carried out with immediate effect and that all relevant paperwork and signoffs are completed.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot all aspects of the physical plant/facility equipment and machinery including: HVAC, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and plumbing systems as well as rides and themed attractions.
- Prepare, monitor, and maintain an environment of continuous improvement through operational action plans and operating budgets.
- Build, manage, and motivate a strong, competent team by developing employees to their full potential and by creating a culture of quality and achievement.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, tight budget environment.
- Position functions will include: re-lamping & lighting systems, painting and wall repair, food and beverage equipment, rides maintenance, oversight of custodial duties, shipping and receiving as well as exhibit setup and takedown.
- Able to utilize hands-on knowledge and experience to solve problems to sustain minimal downtime of rides and themed attractions for the maximum guest experience.
- Ensure all statutory equipment periodic inspections are arranged and all in-house inspection regimes are implemented or developed and subsequently implemented if found necessary.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- Enthusiastic, boundless and infectious energy about the business and the ability to enthuse others.
- Desire to work in fast-paced environments.
- Minimum of 3-5 years managerial experience in a technical/themed environment. Specific areas to include: animation, automation, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical/electronics, and networks; or equivalent combination of experience and education. Experience in a guest centric service industry is preferred.
- Experience of maintaining flexibility and the highest level of service in high-pressure and/or stressful situations.
- A natural team leader with a confident, assertive but approachable personality.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary.
Company: Merlin Entertainments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A