- Provides direction related to operations, processes and conditions of the entire Line Area. Plans, directs and supervises team leaders and team members in the day to day operation of the Line Area. Is responsible for the selection, training and development and performance management of the Team Leaders and Team Members. Develops strategies to improve customer service, drives store sales and increases profitability. Ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved effectively and efficiently, and service is quick and efficient. Ensures that all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability. Forecasts staffing needs and develops recruiting strategy to provide optimal staffing in all areas.
- Reviews Customer Surveys and customer feedback from previous week or day.
- Is responsible for following all compliance procedures within the store.
- Promotes succession planning by providing career paths and identifying development needs for the Team Leaders.
- Reviews sales goals, supply costs, stockloss/shrink and takes appropriate action.
- Supervises, develops and trains staff ensuring the team is thoroughly trained in all aspects of their jobs and have completed all required training.
- Promotes a safe work environment.
- Achievement of budgeted lines in P&L.
- Other daily tasks as required.
- Consistent and reliable attendance required.
- Models exceptional, fast and friendly customer service.
- Spends majority of time on sales floor communicating with customers and team members to ensure exceptional service is being delivered by organizing and maintaining the Remarkable Service Board.
- Supervises the execution of Corporate plans to ensure that all services and products are effectively managed to maximize sales and productivity.
- Communicates the Meijer Friendly Initiative in all team meetings and conversations.
- Develops, plans and implements Corporate processes to achieve goals including shrink, margin, profit, sales, labor.
- Mentors and coaches the Team Leaders and Team Members to ensure customer service and sales goals are exceeded to Meijer standards.
- Ensures the leadership team is assigning daily work assignments for the team members.
Qualification & Experience:
- Successful completion of all required certifications.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial and statistical information and use that information to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to team members in the organization in a way that provides clear and precise direction.
- Duty trained to run the store in the absence of Store Director.
- 6-10 years of related experience in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to teach suggestive selling.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Rotational assignments in other areas of the store are helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in all areas of the organization including SDITs, team members in hourly positions and team leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that practices working safely at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict by addressing root cause issues.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Wayne, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A