- Supervises store operations overnight. Implements strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability. Ensures customer needs are met, complaints are resolved and service is quick and efficient. Maintains store appearance, product presentation and company standards.
- Maintains back room organization in Grocery and General Merchandise areas.
- Ensures team members are thoroughly trained in all aspects of their jobs and have completed all required training.
- Responsible for supporting achievement of sales, shrink and margin (P&L) throughout the store through execution of the merchandising plan and for controlling labor in their area of responsibility.
- Maintains 100% ad in stock throughout the Grocery and General Merchandise areas.
- Ensures product rotation process meets corporate guidelines.
- Delivers on Brand Promises through team execution; i.e., “Provide an easy shopping experience for our customers”.
- Promotes succession planning by providing career paths and identifying development needs for team members.
- Cross-trains team members to allow flexibility in scheduling and assurance that required tasks are completed daily.
- Reviews daily inbound product flow in Grocery and General Merchandise Keys.
- Maintains Team Member performance reporting in the Grocery and General Merchandise production process.
- Monitors team member work practices and providing corrective action where necessary.
- Models exceptional, fast and friendly customer service.
- Maintains high sanitation levels throughout sales floor and backroom.
- Writes 3rd shift GM and Food schedules according to Activity Based Labor (ABL) earned hours.
- Reviews daily schedules to work load.
- Identifies business issues that impede labor control, profitability, customer service and in-stock position and taking the appropriate corrective action through communication and/or process improvement recommendations.
- Communicates the Meijer Friendly Initiative in all team meetings and conversations.
- Reviews sales goals, supply costs, stock loss/shrink results and goals.
- Interfaces with store leadership regarding inventory discrepancy and product flow issues.
- Makes appropriate adjustments to daily staffing levels based on work load.
- Maintains proper staffing levels on production shift.
Qualification & Experience:
- Meijer Stocking Production System (MSPS) Training.
- Demonstrated ability to teach suggestive selling.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that practices working safely at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members in all areas of the organization including SDITs, team members in hourly positions and team leaders.
- 6 – 10 years of related experience in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial and statistical information and use that information to make informed decisions.
- Rotational assignments in other areas of the store such as general merchandise, grocery, meat, bakery, produce and deli; also customer service experience is helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and by addressing root cause issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to team members in the organization in a way that provides clear and precise direction
- Successful completion of all required curricula.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Duty trained.
- ServSafe certification
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: South Bend, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A