You will be responsible for the management, installation, maintenance, availability and security across our Corporate Offices, Restaurants, DC’s/Core and WAN infrastructure. The role will align to our strategic approach to networking combining the UK, ROI and McDonald’s Global requirements.
The UK & ROI market are mid network transformation and the opportunity will be to imbed those changes successfully and maximise value of the new next generation technologies ensuring operational stability, security and adequate change control.
The role will require the management of internal and external partners involved in the analysis, design, build, test, and operation of connectivity products and services to ensure that they are working to the correct standards at all times, fit for use & purpose and the management of risks created as a result of non-compliance.
- Responsible for the consultation and communication of a network strategy to internal teams, senior stakeholders, through financial process & business case to gain approval for investments
- Contribution & participation in wider Architecture discussions to ensure breadth of knowledge brought and any infrastructure considerations
- Accountable to lead & manage a clear network architecture across the McDonald’s UK & ROI network from Restaurant edge, though Core WAN,
- Corporate Offices up to Global connectivity.
- Accountable for finance control within the network space – Capex/Opex funding requests, ongoing run cost planning and control
- Responsible for supporting RCA triage, when needed, for any Major Incident or root cause problem areas within the Network Portfolio – both in the live incident and in problem analysis afterwards with actions plans to make improvements.
- Accountable for the development of our network strategy and roadmap in partnership with Global architects and service managers in the GTES team, and our vendors.
- Accountable for Strategy planning and lifecycle of our end to end network components with appropriate planning and business lead time on replacements
- Creation of demand / resource requests to the Architecture Manager to service the level of networking intake tickets (expanding the current team where needed to cover Network TDA, Vendor TDA, Vendor resource support)
- Responsible for leveraging the investment made in our current investment cycle – our Meraki SD-WAN technology & Global connectivity.
- Driving benefits for our Franchisee’s, security functions & service delivery teams (call reduction & proactive monitoring)
- Accountable for partnering with internal application/product stakeholders & solutions architects – to define requirements, develop strategy and design network infrastructure and services to meet the needs of the business
- Responsible for relaying complex network transformation messaging to non-technical teams & Franchisee forums in particular where investment is needed
- Knowledge & experience of business stakeholder management – peer, senior, finance, end customer (Corporate Business Manager / Franchisee)
Hosting / Cloud awareness – AWS, Azure, consumption of Global services at a market level
- Leadership experience within network architecture and network operations capacity
- Experience of operational support during a Major Incident events and relay of communications to the wider Business, support RCA for any outages and mitigation steps
- 2+ years of professional experience in the majority of the following technical network background areas: WAN, LAN, WLAN, Cellular edge connectivity. VPN, Meraki SD-WAN, MPLS, Cisco Routing & Switching, WAN optimization & design architecture, network protocols/technologies/services
- Commercial awareness – Previous experience in Financial control Capex / Opex & run cost forecasting, planning, business case formation and ongoing budget control.
- Resilience and resourcefulness in a multi paced environment with willingness to be responsive and flexible.
- Demonstrate a people focused collaborative approach
- 3+ years’ experience in a large retail enterprise network design/architect role, developing network strategy & roadmaps in partnership with a wider / Global Corporate WAN
- Have led assessments and vendor selection in order to develop and deploy cutting edge technical solutions,
- Experience of relaying complex network solutions back to the UK business, the Technology leadership team, Senior leadership stakeholders & Franchisees
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A