Working within our Solution Architecture team you will be playing a key role in project delivery focusing on solution design and technical governance activies.You will be at the forefront of exciting new changes in technology across all business domains in UK and Ireland.The Technical Architect works along side Solution Architects to ensure that solution designs align with our technology standards and strategy.
- Reporting on your activity and workload
- Recognising and working towards delivery of personal goals and objectives.
- Collaborating with other employees and partners
- Flexible working in UK/Ireland office or other UK/Ireland locations during UK/Ireland working hours
- Operation of Architecture governance processes and tools, eg attending ARB, running design authority sessions
- Developing and sometimes leading the creation of target design states across technology, applications, data and cyber security.
- Forming and proposing Technology, Application, Data and Cyber design options and decisions.
- Managing ad-hoc requests from senior leadership.
- The review of and assessment of outputs from analysis, design, build and test activities.
- Reviewing global and UK & ROI Technology, Data and Cyber policies and standards.
- Creating and presenting information
- Working closely with stakeholders.
- Participating in business change activity to suggest and/or select options, define requirements, assess requirements, create design specifications, and other deliverables to known deadlines.
- Ensuring that all new Solutions are implemented in accordance with principles and guidelines set out by the IT reference architectures, or highlighting risks.
- Presenting rational decisions in line with the risk exposure
- Analysing change to highlight risks and issues across projects and service operation.
- Understanding, using and communicating good, best practise industry standards.
- Maturing Technology, Application, Data and Cyber capability for McDonald’s UK & ROI.
- Proposing changes to UK& ROI Technology, Data, and Cyber policies and standards.
- Introducing innovation to designs
- Ability to coach and steer multi-disciplinary teams of technical resources developing IT solutions
- Experience working to architecture frameworks (i.e TOGAF) and operating frameworks like ITIL
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with effective presentation skills and ability to adapt communication style to partner
- Self-starter, self-motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience as a Technical Architect creating large and complex solutions involving multiple plications including mobile applications
- Ability to assess the importance and prioritise work and work within agreed boundaries of governance
- Ability to communicate effectively collaboratively and negotiate positive outcomes with diverse partners and domain guides across the business
- Experience designing/implementing retail and e-commerce (digital) infrastructures, systems and data models
- Ability to handle multiple changing contexts during a day or week
- Ability to understand roles and responsibilities of architecture throughout the development life cycle
- Ability to demonstrate good customer focus, both with internal and external groups.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A