We are looking to add to our dynamic team and this is a great opportunity to work at one of the most valuable and iconic brands in the world.
The key role of the FP&A Business Partner is to lead our Financial Projection and Planning processes. Our FP&A team does more than just run the numbers, and are responsible for ensuring that we’re appropriately challenging our business decisions, modelling the impact of these quickly and accurately and then telling the story behind the numbers to the appropriate partners. This drives our long and short term financial performance.
The remit is broad, touching on many different aspects of the business. This involves working closely with both Finance and non-Finance senior management to drive performance of the business as well as conducting detailed analysis to understand and project business performance.
We’re looking for someone who wants to develop and accelerate their career at McDonald’s and has the ambition and ability to move into leadership roles both within our Finance team as well as the wider UK & Ireland and Global businesses.
- Bringing together these inputs, lead the projection and analysis for the key areas of our income statement – producing monthly, quarterly, annual and longer-term projections and producing relevant commercial insight
- Business partner with internal and external partners on our capital expenditure and cash flow projections – significant given our plans for continued growth
- Build internal and external partnerships to ensure we’re gathering all of the factors which will influence our income projections and financial plan – from sales and revenue drivers, through all of our cost lines in the entire UK & Ireland business
- Analyse the drivers of success and highlight areas of risk within our income projection and financial plan – bringing the story of the numbers to life with concise and clear messages which can be delivered to senior management
- Coaching, mentoring and talent development for team of 3 qualified accountants
- Work with the rest of our Finance team and senior external partners to drive commercial decision making – either further driving growth, or mitigate any risks to our income projections and our annual financial plan
- Drive the performance of the FP&A team and lead a culture of continuous improvement in all processes, ensuring our processes are fit for purpose in an ever changing environment
- Lead on the implementation and refining of our Hyperion projection tool as this is rolled across the McDonalds system by US Corporate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to communicate sophisticated issues, adapting style for different audiences
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail – ability to breakdown problems before identifying trends and drawing conclusions
- Building relationships – ability to work cross-functionally, building strong relationships while challenging the status quo
- Self-motivated, able to drive projects forward and improve processes
- Excellent presentation skills – able to influence through your presentations
- Able to work in a lively environment, with a high degree of accuracy
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA, with at least three years PQE
- Previous management experience
- Ambitious and looking for progression within the business
- Strategic thinking – creative thinking in “connecting the dots” and steering the direction of the business
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A