The Department of Investigations is a sub group of the Global Safety & Security (GS&S) organization. This Department’s mission places a strong emphasis on mitigating financial, identify theft and economic crime. The Department performs a wide range of investigations into all allegations of serious misconduct, threats and criminal activity committed by associates, guests and others, in order to ensure and safeguard the assets and protect the reputation of Marriott International (MI).
In this role, he/she will manage or directly provide specific investigative services, projects and information with the intent of reducing company losses as well as to successfully defend legal actions regarding the investigation and disciplinary action of associates and/or customers or invitees.
- Undercover Investigations: Manage outside vendors. Influence internal management regarding employment actions that are the result of theft, drug abuse, fraud or serious misconduct. Provide director on-site closure of investigations to a legally defendable conclusion working within legal guidelines and Marriott’s Guarantee of Fair Treatment policy.
- Video Surveillance Investigations: Manage or directly deliver the technical, legal and communication requirements of conducting on-property covert electronic video surveillance. Monitor and evaluate federal and state legislation concerning the use of electronic monitoring in the workplace. Ensure that the criteria of “reasonable expectation of privacy” are adhered to.
- Fraud Investigations: Respond to all direct MI requests involving credit card, check counterfeiting and system or computer fraud. Conduct on-going research in this field. Build effective communication networks with local law enforcement agencies as well as federal agencies that handle financial and economic crime. Continuously enhance fraud expertise and knowledge in the field via on-going education. Provide direct counsel to MI units on effective ways to conduct the investigation. Manage investigations and act as a liaison between property, law enforcement agencies, Finance Group, Human Resources, Internal Audit, Law Department, and related regional managers as identified by the MI.
- Court Appearances: Schedule, organize and/or attend Company prosecution appearances in court on behalf of the company.
- Information/Due Diligence Investigations: Directly access and manage the process and dissemination of “publicly held” information in federal, state, municipal and private repositories for the purposes of due diligence analysis and pre/post-employment screening. Directly serve as a technical resource to MI on Marriott policy concerning the use of information-based investigations, State and Federal Fair Credit Reporting Acts, and Constitution and Statutory Protections of Workplace Privacy.
- On-Site Investigations: Provide direct on-site unit assistance for property specific investigations. Gather and coordinate information. Provide specific technical expertise in the delivery of investigative interviews in compliance of civil law.
- Special Investigations: Respond to and directly support MI requests for specialized investigative direction. Implement and manage (to a legally defendable conclusion) all internal investigations which are a result of theft, fraud, and drug abuse. Directly manage the course of all investigations in a manner that is legally defendable. Review (with a labor attorney) all company violations which surface during an investigation to allow property management to make fair, balanced and legal disciplinary decisions. Conduct post investigative interviews with associates identified as violating company policies.
- Intelligence Gathering: On request, provide searches via the internet and subscription databases on controversial groups, protests, and information of groups, companies or persons that are targeting the company.
- Provide professional consultation for all other Marriott SBU’s upon request.
- Personal integrity with a high regard to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to persuade and influence others, including those at senior organizational levels.
- Demonstrated hotel operations/management experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated investigative development skills.
- Solid knowledge of local employment law.
- Understanding of the components of criminal and civil law.
- 6+ years of progressive commercial Internal Investigations experience.
- Prior investigative and interview experience within MEA’s local employment law requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of all Internal Investigations services.
- Effective time management skills.
- Experienced undercover investigation/project management skills.
- Loss Prevention management experience at the property level, or comparable industry experience highly desirable.
- Ability to foster good working relationships with Corporate Legal and Labor Departments and Corporate Human Resources Department.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (approximately 50%).
- Effective listening skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of problem-solving methodology for decision making.
- Demonstrated follow-up and customer service skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A