The Senior Manager, Insurance – EMEA supports the Insurance Department to procure and manage Marriott’s international insurance program and protect the Company and its customers/associates against various property, liability, employee, and financial risks. As a member of the Global Insurance team, the Senior Manager, Insurance – EMEA administers critical elements of Marriott’s insurance programs within the EMEA Continent. Such work includes coverage placement, analysis, contract review, renewal oversight and submissions.
The position also assists the Director, Insurance – EMEA in the negotiation and placement of certain local insurance coverages, as well as assisting in the negotiation of operational and development contracts, resolving owner insurance inquiries, providing direction to internal clients, and participating in due diligence activity for acquisitions. The position is also responsible for coverage analysis, contract review, and consult to Owner and Franchisee procured insurance programs, and oversight of allocation of insurance premium for various coverage lines of business. The position interacts with Marriott’s hotel operations, development, hotel owners, corporate staff/management, insurance brokers, insurers, and outside vendors.
The position reports directly to the Director, Insurance – EMEA who has a dual reporting relationship to the Senior Director, International Insurance (located in Bethesda, Maryland USA) and Vice President, Business Finance & Administration.
- Manage high risk Business Case Analysis (BCA) for hotels, including consulting services to the hotels, negotiation of insurance provisions, limit determination, and coordination/input from Global Safety & Security
- Management of the International Compliance Tracking program, in coordination with Sr. Analyst, International Insurance. Oversee Sr. Analyst’s administration of project partner audits, develop communications and future development of the risk management information system (RMIS) in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Assist in managing EMEA’s property and casualty insurance program, including assistance in marketing strategy, underwriting data collection, actuarial analysis, pricing & terms, as well as integration of new properties
- Monitor insurance markets to maintain program competitiveness and industry benchmarking analysis.
- Manage the international insurance pipeline, schedules and maintenance to ensure continuity of coverage for participating Managed hotels and contractual compliance for non-participating/franchised hotels, highlighting deficiencies where appropriate
- Manage and maintain the data collection process of EMEA portfolio, including analysis/reconciliation of renewal exposure information, and premiums to determine changes in exposure that may impact pricing, while ensuring data accuracy risk management systems and broker data
- Interface with Global Safety & Security to identify and define risk mitigation control measures/initiatives
- Support vendor/concessionaire liability programs, including negotiating local pricing & terms, as well as marketing and advocacy of company’s global vendor program on continent basis
- Manage the hotel deflagging/deactivation process and removal of properties from cover
- Manage Franchised insurance offering (HOOP) for improved contract compliance and deployment of marketing materials, internal and external communications, as well as broker/insurer relations
- Assist Risk Finance Department & regional broker in analysis and administration of premium allocations for continent as part of casualty insurance program
- Assist with premium allocation to include invoice reconciliation and management of annual maintenance schedules
- Lead marketing and integration of Marriott’s Liability insurance program to legacy SPG and Protea hotels
- Manage day-to-day broker and insurer matters and network including timely and proper issuance of policies, invoicing, and hotel/office briefs
- Thorough analytical skills and demonstrated ability to identify loss trends
- Ability to develop effective business relationships with both – internal and external customers/stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects while meeting required goals and deadlines
- Ability to build consensus among various stakeholder with competing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment with senior management, owner representatives, brokers, peers, and subordinates.
- Positive attitude and high level of enthusiasm and energy
- Demonstrated expertise with contract review of large and complex commercial insurance programs
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressive job experience in insurance underwriting; brokerage or risk management
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to influence and communicate effectively with insurance and non- insurance professionals
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A