Lush North America has been creating fresh and handmade cosmetics for the past 20 years- keeping our customers’ bathtubs and showers a little more magical through our retail shops across Canada and the US. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organizations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program .
- Policies and Procedures: prioritize shop compliance and ensure your staff have completed training and are practicing company standards for time and attendance, breaks and meals, product integrity, respectful workplace, anti-harassment and anti-discrimination guidelines, health and safety protocols, daily communication, all within your budget.
- Building the Brand: educate our customers and staff on our brand values, and articulate our position on Fighting Animal Testing, Freshest Cosmetics, Ethical Buying, 100% Vegetarian, Handmade, and Naked Packaging in the shop and through community engagement and other traffic-driving initiatives.
- Customer Service: collaborate with your team on plans to exceed daily sales goals and ensure a unique and inclusive customer experience that makes every visitor feel welcome, meets their needs, and makes their day.
- Product Passion: increase the depth of your product knowledge through constant learning and consistently make informed and product recommendations for every need.
- Stock and Inventory: Ensure your team is trained and equipped to abide by fresh standards and rotation rules and manage ordering to ensure the right products, in the right amounts are in the store at the right times; using inventory reporting tools, create and execute action plans to manage orders, inventory and waste, within your allocated budget.
- Leadership Practices and Staff Development: demonstrate the Leadership Practices and coach and develop your team in their careers by creating development plans, encouraging learning through Lush tools, coaching behaviors as they arise, and providing constructive feedback that inspires and motivates.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging: actively committed to maintaining a diverse team and creating an inclusive environment by prioritizing DEIB training and initiatives and actively collaborating with your team on solutions that promote equity and belonging.
- Engagement and Performance: balances analysis, experience, and perspective when making decisions about performance concerns and creates action plans to improve staff engagement, demonstrating empathy and considering personal situations/struggles when approaching performance concerns.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to develop and train staff through positive coaching and feedback.
- Strong customer service, supervisory and sales skills
- Strong record of accomplishment of developing retail staff careers.
- Knowledge and interest in skincare, natural beauty, and ethical business
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- 3-5 years managing in a retail environment.
- Proficient in excel, Microsoft suit, and adaptable to other systems as required.
- Experience with consultation-based customer service models
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong HR skills in hiring, scheduling, training, conflict resolution and performance management
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the shop including holidays, evenings, and weekends.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A