As a Shop Manager, you bring Lush’s Leadership Practices into all elements of your business interactions with customers, fellow staff, and operations: Be Real, Be Curious, Lead Fearlessly, Adapt and Evolve, Grow Talent, and Live with Purpose.
- Policies and Procedures: prioritize shop compliance and ensure your staff have completed training and are practicing company standards for time and attendance, breaks and meals, product integrity, respectful workplace, anti-harassment and anti-discrimination guidelines, health and safety protocols, daily communication, all within your budget.
- Customer Service: collaborate with your team on plans to exceed daily sales goals and ensure a unique and inclusive customer experience that makes every visitor feel welcome, meets their needs, and makes their day.
- Product Passion: increase the depth of your product knowledge through constant learning and consistently make informed and product recommendations for every need.
- Leadership Practices and Staff Development: demonstrate the Leadership Practices and coach and develop your team in their careers by creating development plans, encouraging learning through Lush tools, coaching behaviors as they arise, and providing constructive feedback that inspires and motivates.
- Stock and Inventory: Ensure your team is trained and equipped to abide by fresh standards and rotation rules and manage ordering to ensure the right products, in the right amounts are in the store at the right times; using inventory reporting tools, create and execute action plans to manage orders, inventory and waste, within your allocated budget.
- Building the Brand: educate our customers and staff on our brand values, and articulate our position on Fighting Animal Testing, Freshest Cosmetics, Ethical Buying, 100% Vegetarian, Handmade, and Naked Packaging in the shop and through community engagement and other traffic-driving initiatives.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging: actively committed to maintaining a diverse team and creating an inclusive environment by prioritizing DEIB training and initiatives and actively collaborating with your team on solutions that promote equity and belonging.
- Strong HR skills in hiring, scheduling, training, conflict resolution and performance management
- Experience with consultation-based customer service models
- Strong record of accomplishment of developing retail staff careers.
- Proficient in excel, Microsoft suit, and adaptable to other systems as required.
- Knowledge and interest in skincare, natural beauty, and ethical business
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to develop and train staff through positive coaching and feedback.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the shop including holidays, evenings, and weekends.
- Experience in cross cultural collaboration and DEIB or social justice training
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Strong customer service, supervisory and sales skills
- 3-5 years managing in a retail environment.
- Fluency in Spanish, French, or other languages
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A