As a Full-Time Mechanic, you have the responsibility to monitor, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair all facility infrastructure and equipment appropriate to the business operations of the site. You will obtain forklift and elevated platform certification and must be available to work scheduled hours to meet customer demands. Candidates must have a focus on safety and urgency while supporting our Fulfillment Center.
- Develop, implement, and oversee all necessary record systems
- Manage, implement, and support all L’Oreal policies
- Troubleshoot and Repair equipment including but not limited to Conveyors, Motor systems, Carton Erector and Sealers, Transfer Load Systems, Forklifts.
- Achieve Continuous improvement in speed and accuracy of preventative maintenance plans.
- Identify risks to the operation and work to find solutions
- Maintain an effective labor/employee relations environment
- Develop, manage, executes, and support continuous improvement projects focusing on EHS & Security, Quality, Cost, Productivity, Service, and People.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on all production and facility equipment as directed.
- Manages on-site contractors including safety training, daily permits, and daily prevention plans.
- Always work in a safe manner following all established safety rules and regulations.
- Follow all established Maintenance practices regarding Preventative Maintenance Paperwork, Parts Usage and Ordering.
- Establish effective maintenance procedures including preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Manage, assist, or affect the procurement of new equipment or spare parts
- Installation and troubleshooting of new equipment.
- Schedules, implement and oversee repairs including but not limited to; preventative maintenance and service work of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, security systems, roof, dock doors, telephone systems, electrical panels, lighting, fire prevention systems and computer systems; assists with special projects as required including obtaining quotes and proposals for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies
- High School Graduation or GED equivalent.
- Min 2 years of experience in distribution or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of successful change management and principles of design
- Proven leadership skills, project management skills, and business acumen
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally
- Ability to manage in complex situations, often needing to deliver innovative results quickly
- Demonstrate the L’Oreal competencies including but not limited to creative problem solving, decision making, results & service oriented and strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver under difficult situations, adapting to new work environments and able to deliver results quickly
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Preferred experience in Six Sigma, 5S, LEAN, and/or TPM methodologies.
- Essential Physical Requirements
- Demonstrate strong skills in math, PLC, electrical, automation, mechanical and fluid systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and robotic programming and maintenance.
- Demonstrate strong computer skills, including familiarity with work order systems
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Monmouth Junction, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A