Website Live Nation
The Sales Manager will sell and organize parties and special events specific to the SMERF Market with a focus on Weddings. This role facilitates the achievement of annual team goals and provides direct support to the Director of Sales. The Sales Manager has accountability for the success of the Special Events department in conjunction with the Director of Sales.
- Ensure accurate file maintenance (Caterease and Rome)
- Complete working knowledge and expertise in use of Caterease, Cendyn, Exact Target, Rome, Hoovers, etc.
- Maintain and communicate current event information on talent calendar
- Build, maintain and target client database (from internal and external sources): convention business, tour operators, meeting planners, party planners, corporate, social, concierges, non-profit, fundraisers, DMC’s, etc.
- Maintain Live Nation Standards for policies and procedures as outlined in the Code of Conduct and Employee Handbook
- Understanding of all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations, to smoothly ensure maximum guest satisfaction, event execution and operational communication
- Create internal/external promotional programs and track results
- Complete understanding of competitive set as well as key points to sell against such venues
- With DOS, ensure and monitor that all required reports (SEO’s, monthly calendar, contacts made, forecasting, trackers, financial rectification, ROME flashes, initiatives, etc) are fulfilled and distributed in a timely manner for proper planning
- Ensure staffing levels are fulfilled by the Logistics Manager
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Convention & Visitors Bureau, professional organizations, local chambers of commerce, local hotels and vendors
- Consistently fulfill sales call quotas and required tracking protocol
- Build and maintain client database(s) in Caterease & Exact Target
- Develop a complete, comprehensive targeted list of companies/organizations within assigned categories
- Solicit new and existing clients to meet / exceed budgetary sales expectations
- Meet and exceed individual sales goals
- Ensuring optimal perception of venue within the community as well as within professional organizations
- Fulfill expectations outlined within the strategic monthly sales plan, monthly initiatives, SMART plan, annual goals, competitive analysis and other reports requested / required
- Maintain accurate event financial records and adhere to required departmental and organizational processes/protocol
- Handle initial phone call and electronic inquiries in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
- Develop sales strategy for defined market segments, industries & conventions
- Generation of Special Events Orders
- Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends).
- Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
- Working knowledge of local and regional markets, special event operations, computers (Windows environment, spreadsheet, databases, word processing) and guest relations.
- Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
- Three to five years sales experience in the hospitality industry
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, organizational concepts and financial knowledge.
- Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff and guests / clients in a positive effective manner.
- High school diploma
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
Company: Live Nation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A