Website Live Nation
The Controller of Shared Services is responsible for the strategic leadership, day-to-day management and continuous operation of the U. S. and Canadian Shared Services organization, with the primary focus on the Payroll, Accounts Payable, Vendor Tax and Cash Management functions.
This position is responsible for ensuring an appropriate control environment, adherence to established policies and procedures while driving operational efficiency across all responsible areas, managing departmental participation in Corporate initiatives impacting departments and providing ongoing leadership and functional oversight. This position reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and interfaces directly with senior financial and operations management of multiple divisions. This position will be central to driving change and meaningful improvements throughout North America back-office.
- Build ongoing relationships with LNE Corporate and Division Leadership to ensure that Shared Services is providing appropriate levels of service.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all SOX and internal accounting policies and procedures required to produce complete and accurate financial results impacted by Shared Services.
- Oversee four Shared Services functional managers who direct approximately 40+ employees to achieve departmental goals and performance standards, resource requirements and day-to-day activities.
- Oversee all audits (internal, external, and regulatory) of all Shared Services functions.
- Prepare annual Shared Services budget, monitor monthly department financial results, and communicate forecast changes monthly.
- Responsible for periodic updates to the Global System of Authority Document as well as providing guidance and interpretation of this document to Division personnel as needed.
- Provide subject matter expertise on transactional issues for all Shared Services departments including payroll taxation, non-resident alien withholding, internal policy and procedures, vendor tax reporting as well as software implementation projects, process design, and organizational change.
- Continually look at ways to improve process effectiveness and efficiency, while maintaining anticipated results.
- Work directly with LNE leadership when defining expected outcomes, dealing with problem identification, resolution, and corrective action and drive Shared Services departments to a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Assist Shared Services department managers in the development of work plans, customer service goals, employee retention and development, and day-to-day activities as needed.
- Operational responsibility for U. S. and Canada Shared Services processes including but not limited to: Payroll, Accounts Payable, Vendor
- Information and Tax Reporting (1099/1042), Unclaimed Property Reporting and Cash Management.
- High volume transactional processing experience required. (Payroll – 20,000+ employees; Accounts Payable – 10,000+ monthly invoice volume)
- Knowledge of vendor tax (1099/1042) and unclaimed property reporting
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and positive attitude in a fast paced, continually changing business environment
- Strong problem resolution skills and experience in dealing directly with internal customers to manage and meet expectations for delivery of services
- Ability to transform strategic goals into project plans and meet defined deadlines
- Strong knowledge of internal control requirements for transactional processing required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both written and oral
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and CPA preferred
- ERP system experience required, Oracle Financials preferred
- Previous experience with ADP National accounts preferred
- 10 -15 years of experience in a large, high volume multi-divisional corporate environment required and prior shared services experience preferred
- 10+ years of prior management experience with strong leadership abilities in managing and developing teams, with the ability to create clear goals, foster accountability, and ownership, while encouraging delegation at appropriate levels
- Experience in payroll processing requirements and practices for large company with diverse payroll including multistate, union, tipped employees, and employee stock transactions
Company: Live Nation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A