Lids is seeking an experienced sales and use tax professional to join our team. This position will be responsible for timely filing sales tax returns and communicating with various jurisdictions to make sure our accounts are complying. Additional responsibilities will include being proactive in identifying potential tax issues, assisting on state and local tax examination matters, and be involved, as requested, in special projects.
- Assisting with other sales and use tax responsibilities which may include internal and external audits, refund claims, and strategic planning.
- Manage continuous improvement based on monthly analysis of sales and use tax processes
- Assisting with the preparation and timely filing of sales and use tax returns and the supporting schedules within the US
- Processing tax payments to appropriate agencies
- Other functions and projects as assigned
- Analyze exemption certificates, research, and determine if they are valid
- Review monthly sales taxes paid vs liabilities incurred
- Monitors and confirms changes to sales tax rates and communicates with the appropriate people of such changes within the company
- Keep current on relevant tax legislation
- Preparing additional timely sales tax returns in Puerto Rico, Canada, United Kingdom, and other international locations.
- Prepare monthly tax account reconciliations within the GL
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to research state tax issues and provide recommendation
- CPA is a plus but not required
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years of combined tax and accounting experience in a private, public, or government environment
- Experience in Dynamics 365 and/or tax return software is a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A