We are looking for a Manager who is passionate and enthusiastic about climate change who can bring climate risk expertise and experience in the context of banking to help build out the development of our climate risk proposition and service offerings in this exciting, cutting edge, and incredibly important area, as well as delivering these offerings with our banking clients.
This opportunity is within our Banking Risk team, which is part of our Financial Risk Management consulting practice. This team houses many subject matter experts that focus on supporting our banking clients with achieving their prudential and conduct risk and regulatory objectives.
- Manage one or more client engagements or components of large scale engagements, delivering high quality climate risk support to our banking clients, including day to day management of team on engagements including coaching, providing constructive feedback and performance development.
- Ensure effective management of the risks and financials of engagements.
- Contribute to and/or manage the development of proposals.
- Contribute to the development of materials, tools and methodologies to support our climate risk proposition for use in client meetings, engagements, events, and broader thought leadership.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders on the development and coordination of climate risk offerings.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with middle to senior level staff internally and externally.
- Provide expertise / input on climate risk in the context of risk modelling and measurement, stress testing, risk management, strategy, and regulatory expectations.
- Use knowledge of KPMG’s climate risk as well as broader service offerings to actively identify potential new business opportunities.
- Provides technical knowledge, coaching and training to junior team members.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of climate risk regulations and an awareness of broader banking regulations, market trends, competitor activity and products/services.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge and understanding of banking regulations in relation to climate risk
- Self-starter, with the ability and desire to do own research and apply existing climate risk expertise to the banking risk environment
- Experience in quantification of climate risk hugely advantageous
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively, with a practical solutions-driven approach
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, across individuals within the firm and our banking clients
- Understanding of the risks faced by financial services due to climate change and how they can be managed, measured, and integrated into banks risk management frameworks
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead diverse groups and develop strong networks
Experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm with practical experience in credit risk modelling
- Practical working knowledge and experience of model development and validation
- Strong analytical, science and/or mathematical-based background with ability and interest in applying that expertise to develop climate risk models
- Experience in managing smaller teams of 2-5 people
- Basic understanding of the risks faced by financial services due to climate change and how it may impact a Bank’s loan portfolio is advantageous
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A