The Server Administrator is a key technical resource responsible for management of various server infrastructure technologies on all KPMG production, test and development environments. This person is a member of a nation-wide team of technical support staff focused on ongoing support and new deployments of KPMG’s IT infrastructure.
In this role, you will troubleshoot and resolve server-related issues, analyze and identify performance bottlenecks, recommend optimization opportunities, and support internal users and applications used in our environment while working closely with other IT staff.
- Troubleshoot connectivity and performance issues related to servers and data enabled applications.
- Automate infrastructure deployments using infrastructure as a code concept.
- Support multiple concurrent projects and ensure proper knowledge transitioning for operational support
- Work closely with other internal IT groups, as well as 3rd party vendors and consultants to tune systems for optimal performance and resolve infrastructure issues. Provide rotational On-Call support outside of regular business hours
- Maintain security framework requirements set forth by company and clients and in line with KPMG security practices
- Develop, implement and maintain backup and disaster recovery strategy for all and systems.
- Manage and support production, test and development infrastructure consisting of 850+ servers and SANs
- Proactively manage and identify system resource bottlenecks using performance monitors, profilers, custom scripts and third-party tools
- Develop and update documentation of all server instances, including architecture diagrams, schema definitions and operating procedure manuals.
- Implement and maintain development, quality-assurance and test environments for development and version upgrade procedures.
- College Diploma or University Degree in the field of computer science and/or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 4 years of progressive experience in an Enterprise environment.
- Highly self-motivated and able to effectively execute tasks in a high pressure environment
- MCSE and ITIL V3 Foundations certifications desirable
- Experience with DevOps Concept CI/CD, Kubernetes, Azure Pipelines, Infrastructure as Code (ARM template, Terraform)
- Experience with Configuration management tools at least one (Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins)
- Experience with administration of EMC Unity and VNX storage and Cisco UCS
- Experience with Backup, Archiving and Disaster Recovery technologies such as Double Take, Backup Exec, Avamar, etc.
- Experience with scripting using Windows PowerShell, VBScript, etc.
- Experience with Servers migration and upgrades from on-prem to the cloud.
- Experience with Windows Server Systems, Windows Clusters & other related Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint, SQL, SCCM, SCOM
- Strong working knowledge of virtual and cloud technologies including VMware VSphere, Hyper-V and Azure
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technology problems.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and priority setting skills coupled with strong written and verbal communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A