We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Economics team as a Manager with a focus in financial economics.
The Commodity and Carbon Trading Solutions team is looking for a Manager to create commercial demand and deliver commodities trading expertise for operational, risk and regulatory propositions delivered in a wide range of project scenarios. Examples of typical work in this space may be:
- Support business development and practice development activities within the team.
- Provide coaching and training to other team members.
- Clearly and effectively communicate economic concepts and findings to non-economist audiences, verbally and in writing.
- Be a key member of our successful team, delivering high quality economic analysis and advice to our clients.
- Manage projects on a day to day basis, including scoping, resourcing, budget monitoring, analysis, report writing and client interaction.
- Professional accounting qualification and/or CFA is desirable.
- Experience of regulatory processes – consultations, investigations, disputes and appeals – is desirable
- Knowledge of programming languages such as R, Stata or others is desirable.
- Experience of financial analysis in a regulated sector e.g. telecoms, transport, energy, water, aviation, post.
- An ability to explain complex economics clearly and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situations.
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas of work: economic profitability analysis including economic asset valuation, cost of capital, price control modelling, network modelling, cost allocation processes etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/econometrics and the handling of large datasets desirable.
- MA/MSc/MPhil or above in Economics. Candidates without a masters (or above) in economics but who hold a CFA (or other similar professional qualification) with strong relevant professional experience will also be considered
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A