Website Kaiser Permanente
Performs account maintenance, billing, reconciliation, reporting and customer service related activities. Duties also include performing database maintenance and research tasks to support the contracts administration, cash control operations and assignment of medical record numbers, to generate and distribute contracts and member I.D. cards, to provide facilities support and to enter documents into the workflow imaging system.
- Ensuring that changes to contract are quickly and accurately updated in the contract systems.
- Ensuring bills are correct and mailed timely.
- Ensuring purchasers compliance with Health Plan policies and contractual provisions.
- Identifying, researching and reconciling billing payments amounts to ensure accurate eligibility determination, payment, revenue and membership records.
- Receiving, entering data, reviewing, researching balancing, and applying daily purchaser deposits and sources from the bank in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Supporting eligibility inquiries.
- Conducting audits of purchasers with large payment variances, unallocated payments or other specified criteria. Resolving payment discrepancies and delinquencies.
- Preparing reports and managing purchaser correspondence.
- Supporting Medicare processing and reporting requirements.
- Assisting Health Plan purchaser contacts and sales and service representatives in the sales process and the analysis and resolution of problems related to membership accounting.
- Assisting with the production and distribution of payment-related reports required by purchasers and management, and by operating and maintaining printers and other related peripheral equipment.
- Interacting with purchaser benefit administrators to answer questions and explain Health Plan policy and contractual provisions related to membership and billing. Resolving related problems.
- Setting up and maintaining member data including but not limited to processing enrollments, corrections, retroactivity adjustments and terminations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Ability to adapt to change and be flexible in shifting priorities.
- Ability to work productively at multiple tasks.
- Computer experience preferably in a PC windows based environment.
- Ability to diagnose, analyze and solve a variety of quantitative and qualitative problems.
- Excellent conflict resolution and decision making capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Willing to learn new tasks and adapt to new business requirements.
- Successful customer service track record.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting, finance or related field preferred.
- Experience with operations of peripheral equipment, such as printers or magnetic tape equipment, and knowledge of operating systems commands such as MVS/ESA and JES2 mainframe application, and tape management systems preferred.
- Experience with mainframe application and computer transaction processing preferred.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A