Website Kaiser Permanente
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or physician provides nursing care in accordance with the legal scope of practice and within established standards of care, policies and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan of the organization. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice and treats co-workers, patients, families and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
- Performs patient care functions, within the scope of competency, considering age related needs of the patient as prescribed by physician/health care professional(s) following established protocols, policies and procedures.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Assess and monitor patients’ condition and notify physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Maintain equipment and supplies.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedures and/or diagnostic exams.
- Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary personnel as needed.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment and nursing procedures following established protocols.
- Provide medical information and education to patients, following established protocols and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician order following established protocols.
- Identify and arrange for equipment needing repair. Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control as directed by the Infection Control Manual.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente’s Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Must successfully have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse.
- Current Basic Life Support card.
- Required to float to other OHS/KPOJ Depts same day when operationally needed.
- One (1) year of recent (within the last three (3) years) experience as a LVN in an acute/outpatient setting.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) QBS Level II required.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Visalia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A