Website Kaiser Permanente
Provides mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention services for adult and/or child members who present themselves from psychiatric evaluation with a broad range of mental health needs. Collaborates with treating physician, psychiatric and allied health professional team to plan and direct each individual member’s treatment program.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of practice. Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member’s treatment. May develop, implements, and evaluates behavioral medicine and health psychology programs in a variety of settings, including primary care. Provides consultation to other care providers and health educators on matters relating to mental health, health psychology and behavioral medicine. Provides clinical supervision to psychology doctoral interns, psychology postdoctoral residents, and other mental health trainees/fellows as necessary.
- May supervise Post Master’s Fellows, Associate Clinical Social Workers, Associate Marriage Family Therapists or Associate Professional Clinical Counselors as needed if supervision course is completed.
- May provide appropriate support to member’s family, including explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to treatment, at member’s request.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member’s treatment to include referral of the member and/or member’s family to external resources, as appropriate. Participates in departmental program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates clinical treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and/or referral of Health Plan members with acute or chronic mental illness. Participates in staff conferences to select, plan, and evaluate treatment programs. Provides outpatient psychotherapy to individuals, couples, families and groups. Instructs and counsels patients and their families regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens and adherence to prescribed medication regimens, within the scope of practice. May administer specialized therapeutic procedures, as appropriate. Provides appropriate support to member’s family. May develop and conducts psychoeducational classes and groups.
- May conduct psychological assessments, including test administration, interpretation, and recommendations. Prepares intake summaries, treatment plans, and case summaries and maintains ongoing confidential records. Charts member’s treatment and progress in accord with state and NCQA regulations and in keeping with accepted community standards. May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Knowledge of psychological testing techniques, administration and interpretation.
- May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include psychological testing, diagnosis, crisis intervention, brief individual and group psychotherapy.
- Accuracy in diagnosing patients and developing effective treatment plans.
- Knowledge of the bio-psycho-social functions that contribute to mental health.
- Knowledge of Evidence-Based Practice and psychotherapy research methods.
- Must be familiar with DSM-V as a means of diagnosis.
- Professional maturity and ethical integrity necessary for assuming professional responsibilities.
- Has experience in assessing, diagnosing and treating a broad range of psychiatric conditions.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks/objectives in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership.
- Competence in individual, family and group psychotherapy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of social service agencies, state regulations and APA standards as it related to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient confidentiality.
- Commitment to quality of service, teamwork, and participation in a highly interactive multidisciplinary clinic.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A